Best New Singaporean Short Stories
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Epigram Books, editor Cyril Wong and series editor Jason Erik Lundberg are excited to announce the third volume of The Epigram Books Collection of Best New Singaporean Short Stories, a biennial anthology series of Singaporean short fiction, with expected publication in late 2017. We wish to encourage nominations from authors, editors, and publishers who have published stories by Singaporean writers, both in Singapore and abroad.
Nominations are open until 31 December 2016, and will only be considered through this Submittable portal. The criteria for consideration are:
- Original publication in magazines, literary journals, anthologies, or collections (both in print and online) between January 2015 and December 2016; or prize placement (third place or above) in a national/international writing competition (this is a reprint anthology; unpublished or self-published fiction is ineligible);
- Publication in English by writers who are Singaporean citizens or permanent residents;
- Maximum of 10,000 words per short story (no novel extracts);
- Original publication can have taken place anywhere in the world, not only in Singapore;
- No restrictions on genre or subject matter;
- Up to ten (10) nominations.
Epigram Books reserves the right to choose additional stories for consideration that may not be nominated elsewhere.
We will only respond in the case of acceptance, but if you still have questions after reading these guidelines, please feel free to query to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your stories!